Getting Organised in the workshop
Here’s my dream garage as seen in the Teng Tools Magazine.
In 2017 we broke ground on a mission to build our dream garage. Living in a 2-bedroom end of terrace utilising all the available space was key to enabling us to fit a double garage…no more motorbikes in the dining room and conservatory! Six months later and we had the making of our new haven, soon to become the most used space in the house but it just wasn’t quite there… Then, 2020 saw us jump in and our dreams materialised. A full Teng Tools set up with eye catching red units and a comprehensive set-up of tools all housed in the EV foam. We got organised and lock-down gave us the perfect gift of time to get it all sorted.
As home hobby mechanics and motorcycle racers we’re always in the garage tinkering. Over the years we had built a sporadic collection of odd tools but it was always a hunt when we needed one. That darn 10 mm spanner…
Some call if OCD but I call it organised and the best way to get a job done.
When we’re doing a job, whether that’s a full two stroke rebuild or simple brake service, knowing exactly where the tools are makes things so much easier. We have everything organised with ergonomics in mind. The most used tools ready at arm’s reach, the mobile toolbox all set to deploy into the trailer for races and a set up of our dreams.
We knew our garage kit would be one for life, tools we would spend hours and hours of our lives using so we wanted the best. The thought in design, the precision in machining and quality of the finish. Going Teng Tools, it was a no-brainer.
Lock-down fun has included:
- Getting those finishing touches organising the garage done, such as mounting the pit tool case on its own shelf, organising our enduro kits, creating a mobile island for working, getting the tools settled in the best draw configurations
- Expanding the family with a new garage hoover, Charlie, to keep things tidy
- Upgrading all security to keep us sleeping sound
- Changing tyres with my Rabaconda
- Mowing the lawn, watching the lawn grow and waiting to mow it again…
- Loo roll challenge… as simple as kicking a loo roll into a toolbox…yeah I’ll stick to motorbikes!
- Setting up a slack-line in the garden
- Standing admiring our Teng Tools