Triumph Tiger Sport 660 first ride review
This bike it definitely going to stir up some trouble in the mid-weight adventure sport category! Introducing the brand-new Tiger Sport 660 from Triumph. I had an incredible opportunity to ride the Tiger Sport 660 prototype with Triumph Global and experience it before the world even knew it was coming. After a day riding here are my thoughts on the Tiger, including why I think this bike is going to take the segment by storm! I also got to ride two rival bikes, the Yamaha Tracer and Kawasaki Versys 650, riding them both in identical conditions, on the same roads back-to-back.
Here are some of my key highlights on the Tiger Sport 660:
- Triple engine more powerful and more responsive for an energetic ride, including ride by wire. Triple 660 is proven with the Trident 660 – see Trident review here.
- Class leading spec – this sounds dull but it’s pretty noticeable with the British quality, attention to detail and finish with 3 colours. Plus the list of branded equipment such as Showa suspension and Nissin brakes. On paper it’s not a huge up on rivals, but in the saddle, you can feel it’s all tuned together for a superior experience.
- Value for money – with a mid-market entry price and the lower cost of ownership with 10k service intervals it’s an affordable option
- Versatility – with a poised upright stance the Tiger Sport 660 is comfortable and makes adding luggage or a pillion easy. I particularly like the rear luggage mounts that come as standard and are seamlessly designed into the bikes lines – no big ugly brackets
- Technology – this is where it stands out particularly well over rivals, with multiple riding modes, a clear TFT display screen and smooth slip assist clutch
- Confidence – seat height is 835mm with a narrow stand over. Add the chassis feel and 206kg weight, it feels solid and balanced for low-speed manoeuvrability
- Tyres – it comes with Michelin Road 5s – a very well known and highly rated tyre option
Let me know in the comments what you think of the new Tiger Sport 660.
My trousers, as people often ask, are by Revolution Race and are available in mens and womens, and in a wide range of colours – https://revolutionrace.co.uk/
Tiger Sport 660 with The Girl On A Bike
Please follow my adventures on:
Please do hit subscribe and check out my other videos.
Subscribe and follow the journey : https://www.youtube.com/c/TheGirlOnABike
If you’re new to my page – it’s more than just dirt bike riding, Harleys and racing, following my accident, I’m on a mission to prove that nothing is impossible if you want it bad enough. See more about my story plus read about my life changing accident, which started it all.