Megs Braap & The Girl On A Bike Live Chats
Two girls, Megs and The Girl On A Bike, passionate about dirt biking chatting about a whole array of topics submitted by you! Get in touch to request a topic!
Find us over on Instagram:
Episode One, Part One
Episode One, Part Two
Here’s what we cover:
- Intro and hello, welcome to people, expectations on how long we’ll chat, send comments and DM us to reply after
- Make sure you’re following us
- Who are we:
- From, rides, little background
Foundation topics for both
- How did you get into riding motorcycles?
- What inspired you to be an enduro rider?
- What age did you start riding and how often do you train?
- Why do you run two bikes and are they set up differently?
- Have you tried any trials bike riding?
- Why have you stopped using a pipe guard?
- Do you name your bikes with cool names like Bear?
- Why do you always ride with your sleeves rolled up?
Vanessa Specific questions
- What happened to you? Your accident?
- With your injuries do you not worry about getting injured again doing hard enduro?
- You’ve ridden a range of TPIs this year, what made you settle for the 250i?
- What made you step into hard enduro?
- Romaniacs? Your thought process for entering?
Topics for discussion
- Getting in shape
- Dealing with arm pump, numb hands, tendonitis etc
- Off bike exercise ideas
- Diet and nutrient
Does size matter
- Managing as a small rider / smaller female compared to average guy
- Any bike set up tips
- Particular skills worth mastering
- Overcoming fears while riding / overriding the lizard brain/instincts?
- Knowing your limits but pushing beyond in controlled way
- Stupidity verse bravery
- Pushing you comfort zone – be right on the edge to learn but minimize risk
For more on upping your game riding enduro and hard enduro see our episode two on upping your game here.
New riders / getting started
- Where to start as a beginner?
- Importance of the right bike
- What skills should new riders concentrate on?
- Trials riding as a foundation for hard enduro – what about for those small more vulnerable or great at falling off
- How to encourage my girlfriend to be as badass as you and start riding!
- Tricks for steep hills with obstacles [roots, rocks, ledges]
- Off the bike training in lock-down
- What’s the longest ride, hardest course you’ve done?
- What about one crazy race story?
- Protection what we wear and what you recommend?
- What at the must haves for starting
For more on the ultimate riding protection kit see here.
- As a female in the sport do you feel like people underestimate and undermine your abilities? [mechanical / riding]
- You become a sceptical but not in a bad way, more a fascination and respect sort of way. You definitely get more eyeballs on you
- How did you learn your bike fixing skills? [even if it goes wrong you’re still learning, increased understanding for one the trails]
- If you had £/$200 to spend on your new bike what would you do?
- What’s the most expensive part of enduro? [race prep – tyres, brakes, levers, damage]
- How can you try to minimise it? [buy good protection, good maintenance]
- Where are the best places you’ve ridden?
- Where did you learn the most?
- Balancing riding with a full-time job – tips to make it work? [passion for the sport, time management, evenings, keeping on top of things]